Thursday, May 26, 2011

Books I must Read This Year!!!

So apart from making meat pies and lasagna, i have been obsessively buying books (window shopping or not! thank you) and reading them! I wish i did more writing though but i wont beat myself up about it. No, not today!

So here's a list of inspiring authors i think you should read with some of their wonderful books

Enjoy and feel free to order online or borrow at your local library.


This is an intriguing one about a girl trying to understand so much about herself and the world around her. Cant wait to finish it!

Another book by Jamaica Kincaid. I love the Cover pic :)

Im going to read this because of Nathan's expression when he described his inspiration in class.

I wanna read Monica Ali's Brick lane because i listened to her on the NewYorker's fiction podcast and loved her insight.

Edwidge Danticat oh Edwidge Danticat...why havent i read this yet?cant wait for my my order ooo

I really loved reading a story from this collection...Disguised.

Jackie Kay oh Jackie Kay my Ibo sister. Can't wait to read this. She is witty, fun and sooo poetic.

This is a MUST have!

Another Monica Ali book.Dont u just love the cover? Makes u want to know what its about.

Thank God for the New Yorker Fiction podcasts....now i cant get enough of Jhumpa Lahiri :0

No comments:

Post a Comment