Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm Excited


Yeaaaa i am so excited
Apart from the nice and sincere comments my blog has been receiving (thanks Roc) i finally got in on the creative writing workshop. This is gonna be a great thing to do! all those writers in one place with great minds! I cannot wait! I know im gonna leave the place a better writer! thats why im excited...check out the email i got.....

Thank you for applying to the FARAFINA TRUST creative writing workshop.
I’m pleased to let you know that you’ve been accepted; your writing sample is one of the twenty-five selected from the more than one thousand entries we received. The workshop, in Victoria Island, Lagos, will start on September 17 at 10 AM and end on September 26 with a literary evening open to thepublic. The workshop will be an informal class and the format willloosely be this: a lot of reading of mostly short fiction, somewriting exercises, and discussion of work produced by workshopparticipants.

I will teach for the first few days, after which Nathan Englander, Jackie Kay and Binyavanga Wainaina will continue.

Please email our Farafina Trust administrator Okey tokey.adichie@kachifo.com to let him know

1. whether you will be able to attend on ALL the workshop days

2. whether you will need accommodationIt would be very helpful to hear back from you by August 26. And I do hope you will be able to attend.

With my best wishes,
Chimamanda Adichie

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff..
    It'll be interesting to hear how it goes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. joyokwuada@yahoo.comAugust 31, 2009 at 7:03 AM

    GREAT GREAT GREAT! HOPE 2 HEAR DETAILS 4RM U THEN.I WASNT SELECTED.AV A NICE TYM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks joy(?) i hope i get time off work to attend o :/
    if i do, i'll definately post my experience. so watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! intense man. Do they actually mean all the days? Including saturdays and sundays?

    ReplyDelete