Friday, January 30, 2009

Dining with celebrities


Just gisting...dont take me serious

Okay so yesterday was a friend's birthday. He wanted us to hang out after work. I wasn’t really up to it but I wanted to give him a birthday hug before I hurry home(plus my SH was waiting for me with my friend so I had no excuse) After driving through the traffic on the island just to get to three streets away, I was tired and burning to go home. But i put on my best attitude cos hey....it’s my friend's birthday. My SH met me at the entrance and he kinda hinted me that we would be dining with a celebrity from a reality show. He said her name but it didn’t click. So i thought the face should definitely click.

Unfortunately for her...it still didn’t click. She's a nice young celeb, not those ones with nasty attitudes. So I relaxed and tried to enjoy the conversation. All five of us gisting and laughing. Two celebs, three non-celebs...good combo. Usually, when I’m in a place, I take in all the faces around me. So I sat there laughing at the gist, and taking the scene in....first table...three young ladies gisting (one was looking around like me so I fixed my gaze on the next table...two young men eating (looking around too) now the third table had three people, one of them a celeb of the celebs, even I could not deny his face. (lol) The other was a regular celeb, and the third was a celeb's friend (which makes her a celeb right? I think lol)

I was beginning to enjoy the scene so much that I think I must have imagined the next occurrence. Remember the celeb of the celebs I told you about? Well, he just stared directly at me and said "Right thurr" Don’t ask me what that means. But that moment marked my baptism into the world of celebrities.

Getting attention from people can be addictive...trust me. Or why else would the silly thing stare at me for a long time and still have the audacity to mouth those gangster words? Did I like the attention? Yes. So I don’t blame him for thinking he's got what it takes to make me swoon (no I didn’t swoon) I just acted like it wasn’t me. He was being rude but wanted to be noticed, something they all want cos they’re addicted, remember? so I didn’t give him the pleasure. Why? Cos I’m not a celeb...I’m a superstar and superstars don’t mix with celebs.

lol...I wish

No comments:

Post a Comment